Autumn is well and truly here, so it’s officially time to layer up your clothes, and cosy up your food!
We all need inspiration sometimes so we’ve found a hearty recipe we found which is just perfect for this weather, oh and guess how long it takes…
17 Minute Chicken Pot Pie
Hands up who doesn’t love pie? We definitely do! It’s the ultimate Autumn/ Winter warmer, and this one takes just 17 minutes to get on the table! What’s not to love?
You can of course swap out the chicken if you prefer.
· 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, just thawed
· 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 600g chicken* thigh fillets, fat trimmed, coarsely chopped. *Or non meat alternative
· 420g can cream of mushroom soup
· 125ml (1/2 cup) Cooking Cream
· 150g (1 cup) frozen carrots, peas & corn
· 1 tsp dried tarragon leaves
· 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley, plus extra, to serve
3 Easy Steps:
- Step 1- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan. Lightly spray a baking tray with oil. Trim the pastry corners to form a rough circle, then cut into 8 wedges. Place on the prepared tray and bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Step 2- In the mean time, heat the oil in a 25cm (top measurement) frying pan or round flameproof baking dish. Cook the chicken over high heat, turning halfway, for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Add the soup, cream, frozen vegetables and tarragon. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir in the parsley.
- Step 3- Arrange the pastry over the chicken mixture and sprinkle with extra parsley.
Do share your pics and thoughts if you decide to give this recipe a go – we did, and can say it was worth each of the 17 minutes it took to make.
Want to feel more cosy?
If you’re after some more cosy feels
then check our Cosy Night In box – the softest
alpaca socks, your choice of scented candle
and a chocolate treat of your choice.
Send to a friend, or just treat yourself!